Thursday, June 18, 2015

Career epiphany

I had a weird thought today. Weird to me, at least.
I realized that my career ideas have always had a distinct yet nearly subconscious caveat:

"That would do for now, until the real thing falls into place." 

This. This is the thought that I need to pay attention to. This is the reason why I still can't decide on anything. What I really want to do is something that I don't consider a plausible reality for me - what I still don't think I am able or allowed to do - so all of the ideas I'm coming up with in its place are actually just me settling for something else. Something that I can make do with. Again.

Hmm. Food for serious thought.

So I guess the next question becomes: What is that half-formed ideal hidden in my head, and why don't I just jump into that?

Because - if I'm going to go to all this effort to remake my life, why not make it into something I deeply love?

Btw, this book has been immensely helpful in my journey towards healthy work-life integration.




No comments:

Post a Comment